Our Atlanta Data Center: Keeping Atlanta Hot
DC BLOX chose Atlanta, GA for its growing diverse economy in industries such as logistics, professional and business services, media operations, and information technology. The city is also where 17 Fortune 500 companies including Coca Cola, Home Depot, Delta Airlines and Mercedes Benz call home.
Atlanta is the capital and most populous city in Georgia and the ninth largest metropolitan area in the United States. It ranks 40th among world cities and 8th in the nation with a gross domestic product of $270 billion. This southern metro area is the primary transit hub of the Southeastern United States and its Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport has been the world’s busiest airport since 1998. Atlanta hosted the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta, altering the city’s demographics, politics, and culture into the 21st century.
Located in the Brookhaven area, DC BLOX’s Atlanta data center delivers safe, convenient access for telecommunications, media and technology companies. Just 1MS away from the Digital Realty’s ATL1 IX at 56 Marietta, it’s a low overhead, colocation node on the DC BLOX high speed optical network.
Atlanta Data Center Building Specifications
- 3,350 sq. ft. facility
- Pre-configured expansion for a total of 6,470 sq. ft.
- Self-contained Pod-suites on reinforced concrete slab
- 42U secure server racks
- Covered parking garage
- Network underground utility power
- 2 1 MW generators
- 36 hours on-site fuel storage
- Redundant 500kVA UPS Modules
- 24x7x365 manned security desk
- Badge, biometric and 3-factor access control
- Secure mantrap
- CCTV at building perimeter, data center and Pod
- Meshed 8.8Tbs private optical network connectivity to ATL1 IX at 56 Marietta
- Redundant carrier and network distribution rooms
- Redundant air-cooled chillers
- Liebert cold aisle containment
- Located less than 20 miles from Hartsfield Jackson International airport and 5 miles from popular Buckhead amenities
- Economical access to downtown Atlanta connectivity and colocation without carrier hotel pricing
- Highly connected to media pre-and post production capabilities